วันอังคารที่ 11 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Once upon a life: Joanna Briscoe

All she wanted was for homework, lessons in Latin and lacrosse. Joanna Briscoe is rather left to find their own way through a number of rural schools increasingly anarchic. But it was all the education I needed ...

my pursuit of education would be long. "Please, could have homework?" I asked a hesitant tone, the reason barely audible above the tumult and children combines eternal meows. This seemed a reasonable request, since over 11 was imminent and the level of education has led to little in the way of literacy and numeracy in schools in rural areas of 10, but could have been achieved so far my plate for more gruel, taking into account the appearance of flashing blows to the face of the teacher. "The task?"

My parents moved

traveling more in the jungle, it was the village school he had attended the third main, located in the center of Dartmoor, and appeared to be regulated, leaving little a center for children of farmers on the need for a cat and a struggle with food thrown in. My teacher, principal, taught the first two years together, mostly talking on the phone outside the classroom and moves the window if the chaos reaches a certain decibel level.

read

Malory Towers

and

St Clare

in a circuit in the yard and I wondered how he could be able to get an education. Successful education and the objectives of the stick. How could this surrounded by sheep? Where exactly in the folds of mountains between the gorse and the cows are the best school in the kingdom of Nestlé?

After half term, my parents met some amazing local bohemians who were at home, the school of his daughter. My brother and I joined them, creating a framework of seven children of different ages, taught by a pillar 20 years of age. I was almost 11, the stage at which children are being drilled for the SAT, under the tutelage of the secondary entrance, Ofsted inspected and tested to a national curriculum and league tables. Our little school house warning of a battalion of inspectors, educational organizations and the tabloid press today, but for us it was an interlude of joy without blemish.

Malory Towers

was suspended, but I was convinced that the school later became successful. It was the most fun of our lives. We walked, rode and swam across the fields to the terms of reference and faster, which abjured mathematics, studied only in the morning, and enjoyed the atmosphere fostered by a couple that included a kind, the parent company , blink, much loved by us. Somewhere I spent my 11 years and over, and then moved again. Without mathematics, but the manufacture of candles and skills goose petting at my disposal, I found myself in Malory Towers.


seemed full of Naboth boys and 13 years, women with big boobs, platform shoes, 5 inches and a contempt for the weakness of hostility from the outside who loved poetry. There was, of course, not America. If I tried Malory Towers, now desperate to me, I was sent to a reformatory. I walked into confusion. Sad wrote letters to my friends in elementary school 60 miles. The wildly liberal, anti-ethical culture of Dartington filtered through the water meadows to huge thing full report of his attitude toward the academic asleep. There were more poor children transferred by bus from the villages and a small farm in the middle of the school for those who could not cope with the curriculum. I made my way to my piano lessons to a cacophony of grunts.

the desperation that made me reel. In the chaos of a school where most students do not take O-levels, where teachers were sometimes clearly drugged, it was mandatory to pretend that does not work for social survival, and speaking in a tone of relaxed was too, too cool for school. The writer Toby Young, who was a contemporary of his time said: "The only thing he learned was to roll a joint." Initially taken up by an impressive group of girls known as the name of predominant Jackies band, despised by the use of the apostrophe and general social face of death, I was falling into the attitude required. inertia or indifference
I did not know what to do. I drew in vain to travel the 120 miles a day in my old school and back, while the grammar was abolished in the region. On the other hand I could participate in at least simulate the inertia and please everyone with the use of hemp and tobacco snuff - or could rebel, determination forged in adversity. This was the moment.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น