วันเสาร์ที่ 22 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2554

A gap year is not a waste | Aisha Brown Colpani

Many believe they can not afford to delay their studies, but my year off I was humiliated in a way that can not speak

With the precarious state of the economy, many students reject the idea of ??the sabbatical year: they feel that they drove them back. Currently, the ax of the traditional year abroad with the hope of obtaining a place at university this summer, instead of waiting until next year, when the cap on tuition fees England is to move to £ 3,290 to £ 9,000. But it is worth the fear of losing what could be one of the best years of your life? In a tense economic climate, some wonder if the university is holding a good idea and pragmatic. It is, after all, a luxury in a time when many can not afford to be complicated ... Right?

In my case, one year of traditional education was exactly what I needed. It was an intense experience in which I studied, worked, traveled and had my first real experience of independence. Disappointed with my studies, a gap was certainly in order. My decision not to go to university, he found the support of those whose opinions really matter, and the silence of others disagree. Why push forward the scale of a year? Where can I go? Some said that probably would end up not wanting to go to college at all (I had obviously lost his speech for my life, becoming a career on a race at the age of 18 years and over).

lucky to have my mother supports me in every way, I began to explore the range of opportunities for potential volunteers. Having never participated in volunteer activities before, I did not know exactly what to expect, I knew, however, it was time to offer an activity without waiting for material reward. In retrospect, I say, Believe the Hype

Yes, I went to "my Parah yah empty", the division of travel and my two and a half months to live with a Peruvian family in the town of Calca (my voluntary basis) and travel to Bolivia. Help a local nursery with children at high energy, exciting and happy, it was difficult for me to take seriously as a trend of 18, a. As volunteers who have passed the most basic of resources, we have been strengthened rather free to create activities for children, thrown into the deep end, it was certainly a way to take the initiative and be proactive

The notion of volunteering abroad tends to evoke images of teenagers of public schools decide to travel the world for a year and "their share", while you are there. It is true that I met people in a better position than most of the financial, but the caricature of the rich kid to go abroad to sponsor the population is an easy task to do. Some of the people I met before had offered or were part of ongoing projects in the country. They are not self-sufficient and condescending about it - in any case, they did things without thinking twice


The fact that I spent the rest of my years in the United Kingdom also meant that, in an attempt to make extra money once I started college in September I spent a long time job in a café and boredom. But if I could go back in time, I would. It was during this year has revived my desire to study, to excel in the classroom. It was during a trip that I discovered how rewarding it is truly voluntary. Participating in volunteer first-hand, I found myself interested in volunteer projects in their own country.


See more about : ..Brown....Calca..

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น