วันอาทิตย์ที่ 20 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554

Samantha Womack: 'The grittier elements in South Pacific often get lost'

The actor talks about life after EastEnders and his luck in the head landing in the South Pacific Samantha Womack, born Janus, got his chance at 19, representative of the United Kingdom in the Eurovision Song 1991 before becoming an actor. His most recent role was in

EastEnders

, playing Ronnie Mitchell patience, while his role as musical theater include West End Boy and Dolls

, compared to the late Patrick Swayze. Nellie Forbush soon appear in

South Pacific

Are you enjoying rehearsing the role of Nellie?

am totally in love with it. She is an innocent man from the Deep South, on the surface, but it is his personality. It can be thoughtful and open, and kooky and fun and also very aggressive when they feel attacked. It is much more complicated than I expected, but I really enjoy it.

Have you seen

South Pacific

before?

I had seen versions of it, but I have not seen this production. The problem with the

South Pacific

often it is very beautiful, musical, and more courageous to do with racial tensions and foreign occupation is lost. This is different. She was the first Broadway production since 1949. The estates of Rodgers and Hammerstein did not allow him to do until he learned Bartlett Sher has been done, because they knew their work and trust him. So I feel very fortunate to be involved.

You started to sing in the Eurovision Song Contest ...

Yes, I try not to remember that it's like 103 years ago. Someone asked me if I wanted to do and never thought for a second that is expected to reach the final. I was very young and it was a crazy experience, not something I repeat. But then I did in Geneva

Camelot Covent Garden Festival, and Guys and Dolls

After a long time on television, are now hoping to have more stage roles?


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น