วันเสาร์ที่ 26 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554

The new world's great tradition: novelty | Charles Petersen

no genealogy, or family. It marks time, happy that we are here in this country ruthlessly disturbed

My grandmother was a genealogist and like most American genealogists, who had one goal: to prove that his family was not as old as the country itself - the target average of Girls of the American Revolution - but even older, who had a relationship with the long tradition of America, Thanksgiving, and found the same Mayflower. At the time I was a kid, I had done. For my tenth birthday, I gave a genealogy done by hand, as big as my bed, tracing the roots back to Plymouth Rock and beyond.

It was the Bracken family. At the top of the genealogy was the Petersen, a tribute to my grandmother to her son in law. He was a scrubby little boy from a tree next to the large leaves, then a few generations of Norwegian farmers who had come through many other immigrants in the 19th century.

Now, in those years when I do go back to Idaho, I dine with my mother and save space for the cake to my father. Or I'm in New York and make a fool trying to learn to carve the turkey to seek ways to make videos on YouTube.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น