วันอาทิตย์ที่ 28 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Single file: confessions of men and women who've never met Miss/Mr Right

We are educated to believe in happily ever after, but what if you never find the right one?

Sylvia, 77

used the phrase "Be Lovers" in 1950 - to become someone's lover was a big step, but it is not now. Nowadays, people only sexual encounters . I became in love with a sophisticated lawyer I met on a skiing holiday. When we returned to England, I discovered that he was married, but then I was hooked.

We've been together for 11 years, and once finished, it was too late. Our relationship has ruined my life, because nobody approached what he meant to me. Like why some people and not others? I do not know if this is something that you can put your finger. It's just the chemistry at the end.


have not had a relationship for a long time, so it is a little hard to believe. It would be nice to have someone to hang out with, but men are not very interested in older women. I have a young friend gay -. He is only 28, but he was a great friend

Steven, 40

In my 20 years I have lived for several years with a girl who wanted to move, but did not get the wild type sequence in my system. After that, he went crazy and I have since put in place. I have days when I want someone to be there, but about 90% of the time, it still happens. Whenever I have a project on fire. I think this card is just my life, I've never had to deal with another person and do not think I'd be able to do it now

There are times when I wonder if I made the right decision - Christmas is painful on your own - but you do not tell me that people in relationships do not feel the same. They can lie and say they are happy, but I'm a therapist, I see people who have been in loveless marriages for 25 years and they are full of stress and illness because they are constantly unhappy. This concept of love that we are exposed to the media is wrong. Are things Hollywood.

The only thing I like about being single is that you are always viewed with suspicion. Have you watched The Killing on BBC4? It turns out that the murderer was old bachelor uncle. And you think, thank you very much for this.

Stella, 59

I'm so used to being alone, just thinking about it. One of my oldest friends got married at 21 and still happily married. I remember him saying, "Oh, you were lucky if you married Bruce" and she said, "No, it was not luck." He meant he thought. She knew that it would be a good husband and father, long-term, and it was all these things. But we do not usually think that way when you're young. You go with the heart.

I want to find love. When I'm lying in my bed on Sunday morning with a cup of tea, I think, "Would not it be nice to have someone at your side, someone to discuss the day. "I like to travel and I want someone to do it with. Did not LOVE to be capitalized. Having more intoxicating than lust, which is in the way buddy. 'S more than anything as you age.

Andy, 47

I've never been in a long term relationship. No horse scares me in the street, but I do not seek other gays. I came to London when I was 30, thinking I'd have a better chance of meeting someone. I've been here.

I think it is more difficult at my age as a gay man, to find love. At 47, you basically do not exist. Gay culture is so focused on youth. It is as if you are fighting against a little competition with fetus in tight shirts and have no chance.

So you think, "Well, that's it then - I'll have to be a little eccentric outsider that everyone loves and is sitting on the floor to eat canned salmon I I can cope with that .. "

Then, suddenly, the pole shift. I had no choice when I was little - I would not have dreamed of getting married or having children. This is why our parents were so sad when it came out as gay, and it was not an option. Now people have all gays. They have a joint mortgage, the things that come out of the antique stores and buy beautiful weddings, dinners and campest you have always dreamed of, and you think, "I've missed the boat.'m Not even on the dock "

It's horrible, really, at a certain level. It has the feeling of loneliness.


The man who was to marry was killed in a bombing mission during the war. I met Jimmy dance. I was 19 and he was 21. But then it was designed. He used to write every day and tell me where I had been in their missions. Then one day I received a letter from his mother saying he lacked - his plane was shot down. All were killed. He is buried in France. I've been there several times. This is very sad. Finally, his mother wrote and said, "You need to stop grieving, it can not last forever. You need to find someone else. "But nobody came to his level and has been like this all my life.

I always knew I was going to join the army I - I served for 22 years. After that, I went and held the wedding. If I could tell all the places I visited: Jerusalem, Israel, Bangkok, Hong Kong. I even walked around in a cargo Borneo times. I had friends along the way, but Jimmy was the only one.


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น